Someone once said, “You can have all the great ideas in the world, but if you don’t have a plan backed by strategy you will get nowhere.”
This person is our chief executive officer and principal. And she’s right.
It takes a village to spread the message that’s crafted by a team of content people and animated into a cute colorful GIF by our animator, managed by our creative directors, and propelled into the vast space of social media by our social media managers, but everything that’s created, curated, and shared is supported by data and research.
We’re the team of storytellers at Studio Brand that market your brand, and we’re here to tell you that there are few things you may think are valid that are actually quite false. Let’s debunk a few marketing myths.
- You don’t need digital marketing.
- If you build it, they will come. Well if you build a Leaning Tower of Pisa with pizza and cold beer, yes, they probably will. But that’s not what we’re talking about. Digital marketing can spark word of mouth and drive brand awareness, which drives online traffic and sales. For example, a reviews campaign for a restaurant. Entice customers to leave a review. In turn inquisitive minds read reviews and decide to order online or dine in at the restaurant. Perhaps while dining they decide to share it on social media, propelling their positive dining experience to their friends or followers.
- Marketing and sales don’t mix.
- Some believe that marketing is a creative masterpiece that has nothing to do with sales, and that couldn’t be farther from the truth. Marketing is created by generating goals and ROI (return on investment). If a marketing strategy isn’t generating leads or conversions, then abandon ship. Make a shift. Shift your strategy, retool the content, change up the design, and try again. That’s the beauty of digital marketing: ROIs can be tracked, and a sales team can be a great source of date to shift that strategy.
- Blogging is meant for fashionistas and foodies.
- Well first off, you’re reading this aren’t you? So there, point proven. We don’t need to debunk this myth. You just did. Actually, when it comes to digital marketing, content still reigns supreme. According to HubSpot, 53 percent of marketers say bloggings is top content priority because it drives brand awareness, search engine optimization, and lead generation. Blogging may seem like someone just writing a couple hundred words on a post with some cute photo attached to it, but blogging content is crafted from a strategy that will help drive a marketing funnel. Consistent publishing and content campaigns are fundamental for successful marketing, leading to conversions and building brand trust.
Take it from us, the experts. Digital marketing is important, marketing and sales are friends and should play well together, and blogs—well, again, you’re reading this, and your entire perception of Studio Brand has changed. Let us change your perception with our strategy.